Job Title: Open Source Analyst (Senior and Mid-level openings)
Company: Catalyst Operations & Analytics, LLC
Salary Range: Rate/Salary commensurate experience
Duty Location: Washington, DC Metro area
Position Summary/Candidate Qualifications
The Open Source Analyst will be capable and comfortable working in an open, collaborative,
mission-critical environment. The Open Source Analyst will be responsible for developing
professional research packages utilizing sources (in some cases in multiple languages) and
reporting findings and case summaries of relevant, actionable data to various stakeholders.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• The creation, delivery, and presentation of OSINT reports on a variety of subjects and
targets of interest.
• Employ various research and open source tools, techniques, and best practices to identify
relevant information from Open Source.
• Analyze findings in a larger strategic context to demonstrate and highlight the importance
of identified research to specific law enforcement and intelligence efforts.
• Brief various government stakeholders, to include senior leaders, on open source finding
and OSINT approaches best practices.
• Senior level: Bachelor's Degree and 10-20 years of relevant experience; Mid-level:
Bachelor’s Degree with 5-10 years of relevant experience. Master’s degree counts
towards 2 years of experience.
• In-depth experience conducting open source research and analysis
• Must have knowledge of social media and social networking sites, the dark web, and
OSINT research utilizing open source research security best practices.
• Strong communication skills and presentation ability.
• Strong written communication following IC standards.
• Excellent analytical skills with close attention to detail, strong critical thinking/logic
skills, and an ability to learn/adapt quickly in solution-oriented culture.
• US Citizenship
• Active TS/SCI with polygraph
• Past experience supporting the US Military or Intelligence Communities using OSINT
and social media tools and best practices.
• Proficiency in any of the following languages: Arabic, Pashtun, Farsi, Urdu, Russian
• Basic understanding of geospatial tools like GoogleEarth, ArcGIS, Tableau
Required Application Materials
2. Cover Letter
Please submit the required application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject
line of your email must be the following:
Open Source Analyst
Your resume and cover letter must be attached to the email as a PDF or MS Word document
COA provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, COA complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.